A variety of topics are included in the early childhood web sites. These individual web pages will give you information related to each topic area, resources, links to other sites, and department contact persons. Specific sites include:
- Guiding Practices in Early Childhood: If optimal learning is desirable what are quality practices and how should those environments or opportunities for children look like? A variety of practices currently guiding quality early childhood programs are described. You can find information on: Developmentally Appropriate Practices, Boyer Declares Carnegie Units Obsolete, National Association of Elementary School Principals, Unacceptable Trends in Kindergarten Entry and Placement, Mixed Age Groupings, Early Learning Centers.
- Wisconsin model early learning standards have been developed by the state departments of Public Instruction, Health and Family Services, and Workforce Development. These standards reflect the shared values and commitments of the citizens of Wisconsin to prepare young children for success in school. They include performance standards and provide a framework for the development of program standards and assessment practices. Children who meet the developmental expectations outlined in the Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards will be prepared to master Wisconsin's Model Academic Standards.
- Kindergarten: Looking for information on Wisconsin kindergarten programs? Through this link you can find information on full day/part day options, 4-year-old kindergarten, and 5-year-old kindergarten.
- Early Childhood Special Education: If you provide services to children with disabilities and their families, you will be interested in the information in this link, including Child Find, Least Restrictive Environment, Inclusive Child Care, Commonly Asked Questions And Answers, Significant Developmental Delay, and special education laws.
- Wisconsin Early Childhood Collaborating Partners: This statewide group is seeking to transform early childhood care and education. Collaboration, blending programs, and early learning centers bring a holistic approach to service delivery. Use this site to find out more about the Collaborating Partners and their activities.
- Professional Development: Looking for training opportunities or information on careers in early childhood. This site is for you!
- Head Start State Supplement: The Head Start State Supplement is administered through DPI. The Wisconsin Head Start Association website can provide you with information about Head Start on the state and national levels.
- SAGE: Student Achievement Guarantee in Education Program